LAUTOKA CITY COUNCIL
The Lautoka City Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
SECRETARY TO DIRECTOR FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
A competitive salary depending on qualifications and work experience will be offered to the successful candidate. All applications will be treated in confidence and should include a detailed resume with contact details of three referees, and are to be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer, Lautoka City Council, PO Box 124, LAUTOKA or emailed to email@example.com
Applications close at 3.00pm on Friday, 24th July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MOHAMMED ANEES KHAN
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ROLE TITLE: SECRETARY TO DIRECTOR FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
- Position Level: Admin 2
- Remuneration: Salary will commensurate with qualification and experience (to be discussed during the interview).This is a contractual position with an initial period of three (3) years.
- Duty Station: Civic Centre Building, 169 Vitogo Parade, Lautoka.
- Reporting Responsibilities;
a) Reports To: Reports to the Director Finance & Administration.
- b) Liaises with: Finance Department Staffs.
- c) Subordinates:
To provide secretarial services to the Director Finance & Administration and to the Finance & Administration team.
The role will achieve its purpose through the following key responsibilities. Working with relevant staff and service providers, in accordance with legislative requirements:
- Provide Secretarial Services to the Director Finance & Administration by maintaining the appointments calendar, making travel arrangements and other reservations; preparing meeting agendas, financial documents and presentations.
- Type correspondence (minutes and reports) as required by the Finance & Administration Department.
- Update and maintain all sick leave, annual leave and excess hours of records.
- Type references, confirmation letters for Council workers and former workers as and when required.
- Prepare monthly remittance letters, vouchers and cheques.
- Assist with the provision of secretarial services to all other department secretaries when required on in their absence.
- Any other related duties as assigned by Director Finance and Chief Executive Officer.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- Meeting of deadlines in terms of preparing reports, minutes and other tasks assigned by the Director Finance and Finance Department Staffs with minimum grammatical errors and maintaining the council standard formats.
- Timely & Accurately Updates of Leave & Personal Records and dissemination of the same upon enquiry by Management and Staffs.
- Timely and accurately handling of correspondences, reports, minutes, and emails etc.
- Effective communication with internal and external contact of the Finance & Administration Department.
- Demonstration of maintaining confidential information and reports of the department.
In addition to an appropriate qualification and relevant experience, the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies;
- At least more than 5 years’ experience doing something specific relevant to the job;
- Sound knowledge of preparing worksheet, reports, and minutes;
- Fair understanding of the finance & administration procedures, local government act, human applicable legislation or policies/procedures (or experience which demonstrates the ability to rapidly acquire);
- Understanding of how the finance team operate and how to work effectively within a team environment.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Computer Skills and good knowledge of Microsoft programs (word documents, excel,
power point and publisher);
- General Secretarial Skills and shorthand would be of advantage;
- Good knowledge of basic accounting and finance practice;
- Good standard of telephone techniques;
- Understand the importance of confidentiality on the role of the Director Finance & Administration and the information of Finance Department and staff as a whole.
All applicants for employment in Lautoka City Council must be of good character, with a background that demonstrates their commitment to the civil service values contained in the Fijian Constitution. Applicants must also be Fijian Citizens, under the age of 60 years, in sound health, and with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance prior to taking up duty.