LAUTOKA CITY COUNCIL
The Lautoka City Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions:
RATES DEBT COLLECTOR
A competitive salary depending on qualifications and work experience will be offered to the successful candidate. All applications will be treated in confidence and should include a detailed resume with contact details of three referees, and are to be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer, Lautoka City Council, PO Box 124, LAUTOKA or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 3.00pm on Friday, 24th July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MOHAMMED ANEES KHAN
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ROLE TITLE: RATES DEBT COLLECTOR
- Position Level: Admin 4
- Remuneration: Salary will commensurate with qualification and experience (to be discussed during the interview). This is a contractual position with an initial period of three (3) years.
- Duty Station: Civic Center Building, 169 Vitogo Parade, Lautoka.
- Reporting Responsibilities;
a) Reports To: Reports to Rates Clerk
- b) Liaises with: All rate payers.
- c) Subordinates:
The Primary role of this position is to recover unpaid town rate arrears within Lautoka City vicinity.
- To carry out filed visits (house to house) for defaulting ratepayers.
- Maintain proper records and follow ups of field visits using all means of communication.
- Serve legal documents (court summons and notices) for rates matters.
- Attend to ratepayers enquiries and complaints on rates matters.
- Maintain proper files for ratepayers.
- Related correspondence work of the Department.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- Work ethics – transparency, accountability and professionalism.
- Meet deadlines and achieve target.
- Efficiently negotiating payment plan with ratepayers.
- Effective communication within the department and with rate payers.
- Proper and consistent update of rate payer’s profile.
In addition to an appropriate qualification and relevant experience, the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience:
The Applicant should possess the following:-
- Minimum qualification of Certificate/Diploma in Accounting/Administration
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent customer service background
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines/targets
- Should have experience of 3 years in debt recovery/finance field or similar role.
- Fair knowledge of debt recovery process and legal system.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills – understanding of all languages would be an added advantage.
- Good presentation and Negotiation Skills
- Ability to perceive unfavorable conditions and have the capacity to identify and initiate alternatives.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Able to meet deadline and achieve set targets
All applicants for employment in Lautoka City Council must be of good character, with a background that demonstrates their commitment to the civil service values contained in the Fijian Constitution. Applicants must also be Fijian Citizens, under the age of 60 years, in sound health, and with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance prior to taking up duty.