The Horticulture Department is an essential part of the council services as it ensures the beautification of the city. Alongside with the upkeep, maintenance and general aesthetic appeal of all the parks and gardens with in the city boundary. Also included in the department portfolio is the upkeep and maintenance of the world class pitch and facilities of Churchill Park main stadium.
- To develop Lautoka in to Luxuriant, beautiful healthy livable sporting city.
- Enhance & retain bio-diversity of flora which has been endangered by monoculture practice
- General maintenance of all parks and gardens within the city boundary.
- Upkeep and maintenance of Churchill Parking sporting facility.
- Up Keep and maintenance of all council operated sporting facilities within the city boundary
The garden is situated opposite Lautoka Hospital on a gentle slope in harmonious mix between greenery and a sense of tranquility.Displayed in manner exhibiting natural beauty and providing a place of relaxation, The land area of the garden is 15 acres which possesses a rich natural flora exhibition and best all the entry to the garden is free.
Is a Multipurpose stadium in Lautoka. It is currently used mostly for football matches and host the home matches for Lautoka FC. The stadium also hosts international football and rugby matches as well as local rugby competitions.Churchill Park consist of two football/rugby pitches as well as multipurpose indoor courts and a large open park area which is used by localsfor other sporting activities and occasionally for festivals
Churchill Park Capacity Breakdown
- Grandstand 1393
- Pavilion B 2144
- Seating 6000
- Standing 2144
Tappoo Corporate Booth
Total seating = 1000