LAUTOKA CITY COUNCIL
The Lautoka City Council invites application from suitably qualified, highly motivated and experienced candidates for the following positions:
- Complaints Officer
- Digital Communications Officer
- Horticulturist (3 positions)
- Senior Development Assessment & Compliance Officer
- Development Assessment & Compliance Officer
Detailed job descriptions and application form can be downloaded from the Councils website: https://www.mylautokacity.org/careers/
All applications will be treated in confidence and should include a cover letter, detailed resume and filled in application form, and are to be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer, Lautoka City Council, P. O. Box 124, LAUTOKA, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 3.00pm on Thursday, 24th December 2020.
Lautoka City Council is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MOHAMMED ANEES KHAN
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ROLE TITLE:Digital Communications Officer
Position Level: Staff
- Remuneration: A competitive salary depending on qualifications and work experience will be offered to the successful candidate. This is a contractual position with an initial period of three (3) years.
- Duty Station: Civic Centre Building, 169 Vitogo Parade, Lautoka.
- Reporting Responsibilities;
a) Reports To: Directly reports to the Director Finance and Administration.
b) Liaises with: The Chief Executive Officer and all other Department Heads and Sub–Heads, Stakeholders, other agencies, NGO’s.
c) Subordinates: None.
d) External Relationships: Government Ministries and Permanent Secretaries, Heads of Departments, Heads of Statutory Bodies, Newspapers Editors and Journalists, Ratepayers, Vendors, Customers, Solicitor General, Auditor General, CEO of other municipal Councils, External Auditors and Financial Institutions.
The Digital Communications Officer is responsible for the operations and maintenance of all digital and communications systems and procedures (ICT) for Lautoka City Council and Ba Town Council. Review of the utilization of Councils resources, the conduct of operational and compliance audits in regards to all ICT related areas, and render assistance in the undertaking of special investigations.
The position will report to the Director Finance and Administration with the following key responsibilities:
- Maintenance and improvement of overall council’ website performance and reduction of associated operating costs
- Innovative, relevant and timely design changes implemented as specified by or in consultation with management
- Implementing landing pages and tracking codes etc. needed by the management team.
- Issues related to website or related online services such as broken site links, poor quality/missing images, company email account etc. effectively and efficiently addressed. This includes website performance issues.
- Regular site testing for performance effectively planned, carried out and reported to management
- This includes rectifying issues including but not limited to loading speeds and site design changes carried out in consultation with the Marketing Manager and relevant service providers
- Appropriate mechanism for site content delivery to the Internet considered, discussed with relevant parties and applied
- Maintaining a strong social media presence
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing initiatives
- Assessment of digital marketing campaigns against goals (ROI and KPIs) contained in the digital marketing plan.
- Identification of digital marketing trends, insights and optimisation of spending and performance based on these insights
- Development of creative growth strategies
- Implementation and evaluation/measurement of experiments and conversion tests
- Analytical evaluation of end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Implementation of conversion tracking and optimisation of user funnels.
- Planning and implementation of content marketing strategy, social media strategy, SEO strategy and digital marketing strategy
- Collaboration with external agencies and other vendor partners for relevant digital marketing outcomes
- Evaluation of emerging technologies
- Quality, relevant and timely assistance provided to the marketing division for the following:
- Development & execution of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy for the council.
- Execution of relevant digital marketing action items contained in the marketing strategy including all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Execution of partnerships, collaborations, consultations with external partners/ agencies
- Responsibility Expected Outcomes
- Thought leadership and perspective provided to the council with respect to feasible emerging digital marketing technologies for adoption.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be gauged through the following indicators:
- Business Performance: be accountable for your personal performance;
- Risk Management: understand and address the potential impact of errors and omissions in your own work;
- Planning: Deliver results by effectively using work plans;
- Resource Management: Balance resources, competencies, priorities and timescales to achieve set objectives;
- Systems and Procedures: comply with LCC/BTC set procedures, SOP’s, manuals and policies;
- Documentation: Collate key facts into a standard form, document or letter;
- Communication: express information or issues and clarifying understanding.
- Transparency and accountability
- Internal Budget Control whilst not compromising standards.
Works activities are well defined and becomes routine after some experience. Requires a lot initiative and innovative abilities.
In addition to an appropriate qualification the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Information Systems, having 5 years work experience, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior middle management role;
- Certification / Accreditation courses will be an added advantage.
- Experience in carrying out ICT related procurements, installations, configurations, compliance audits and performance audits in a medium to large organisation;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the Council, and
- Highly developed analytical skills and attention to detail.
- The incumbent must have a high degree of drive, confidence, excellent communication and leadership skill with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be a rational thinker and must exert some sense of maturity.
- Has to be highly motivated.
- Has to have good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and promote a team environment with relevant stakeholders.
Skills and Abilities
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Excellent Computer Skills and a variety of applications
- Self-management skills (organisation and time management)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Consultancy skills – ability to understand the Marketing and IT needs of both the council and the individual staff member
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Skills in establishing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with the view to building strong relationships
- Positive attitude with a ‘can do’ enthusiasm
- Trustworthy with strong moral ethics
- Confidence to speak up and be heard.
All applicants for employment in Lautoka City Council must be of good character, with a background that demonstrates their commitment to the civil service values contained in the Fijian Constitution. Applicants must also be Fijian Citizens, under the age of 55 years, in sound health, and with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance prior to taking up duty.